Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bertha's mussels

Bertha's is one of my favorite spots during summer time at Fells Point.

When I realized that Bertha's was smoke free (this is before the city wide ban in Baltimore) this establishment soon became my close by watering hole.
I would consider this to be a bar/ restaurant with a little bit of flare. The interior is eclecticly decorated from red pepper shaped lights to old irish boats on the ceilings. Not the four season where you would take your grammy for mother's day, more a place to take your beer drinking pals to have a great old happy time. This is a happening place during the live music evenings.
Jazzy nights are always the busiest, I have noticed.
The menu is a bit eclectic, focusing primarily on bar/ Irish (well even Spanish Paella) grubb.
I must say I have pretty much tried everything from the menu, including the escargots and I conclude that the food is fresh and tasty.
My favorites are definitively the mussles, their voluminous salads and during winter time their amazingly moist filet mignon (the filet mignon is a steal for the money.) The bacon wrapped shrimps are delicious too.
In fact, everything is reasonably priced, including the drinks. Cannot beat that and the bartender ladies are the most friendly bar chicks in town.
So one of this hot summer evenings, I will be heading down to Berthas and order a nice cold bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and some nice steamed mussles. Relax a tad while listening to some live Jazzy music.
I think is time for you to take a break too.
If you are in for a non pretencious relaxed atmosphere with good food this is a 10 for you!

No comments: