Monday, July 21, 2008

Duclaw

Fell's Point 901 S. Bond St.Baltimore, MD 21231p. 410-563-3400f. 410-563-0575
http://www.duclaw.com/

Nice relaxed atmosphere. This is the place to just go chill in Fells Point during a hot summerday, under an umbrella and sipping away some cold ones.
I must say I am not much of a beer drinker, well actually beer doesnt really exist in my vocabulary. I am more of a wine chik, that is pretty much well known amongst my friends. Yet they all know I am willing to try a beer for the sake of finally finding something good.
Well Duclaw is obviously a good place to try beer. They make their own stuff and some of it is not bad. Upon our arrival I ordered the sampler, wich comes with 9-10 little samplers, (about 4 oz) of their beers.
I approached the little beers as a wine afficionado, white (pale) to dark (and I mean dark) cleaning my palate with a delicious calamari they have.
Tried the first one, Sawtooth, not bad, I actually enjoyed it, second one and so forth til I ended with one called Snake oil....and that really does taste like oil...not to my liking.... I would definitively drink a nice cold glass of Sawtooth though next time I am around.
So, ultimately I ended up with a Sauvignon blanc, which I took partially home ( I am not a lush afterall) . I ordered the Thai pasta extra spicy and they did come quite spicy, loved it , nice big mussels, huge shrimps and abundant scallops. Definitively not a skimpiiing kinda place.
My partner ordered a buffalo wing salad to die for....very yum yum.
Service was phenomenal, by Brandon, who made great conversation and was super promt at service. the bill was not outreageous either, I would go back again for a night out with pals.
BTW this location has a happy hour that last all day Tuesday!!
My total rating: 7.5

No comments: