Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Matsuri Japanese Restaurant

1105 S Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 752-8561


I first bumped into Matsuri's sushi at an event at the Hilton in Baltimore (NAFT). I fell in love and I had to have it again.
The lady serving at the time, thought I had gone crazy, I even gave her a hug and said the best sushi I have tried outside of Japan!!
I am not kidding!!
Other than the freshness of the fish, the number one important ingredient is rice and Matsuri's rice is phenomenal.
So I finally made it back to Matsuri, located in a very happening area of Baltimore (Federal Hill). Tons to do within walking distance.
The place reminds you of a little sushi bar in Tokyo, the tv playing Japanese cooking shows, all they need is Kareoke right there and there!
The service is delighfull and if you sit at the bar, as I often do (just to admire the art of sushi making) the chefs are super friendly.
The food super fresh just like a high end sushi bar in Japan and possibly even better (yes I just said that).
They have cooked food as well, like teriyaki and even soups, their menu can fulfill almost any appetite, including non sushi lovers.
Bill Tien, (owner) is really a phenomenal guy! I am kinda glad they do not have Kareoke, because if they did they would have to kick me out every night.

Ambiance : 7 stars
Service : 8 stars
Food: 10+ stars

No comments: