Thursday, September 06, 2012

Oceanaire Seafood Room

801 Aliceanna St Baltimore, MD 21202 (443) 872-0000 One word describes my experience at Oceanair. Fabulous!! Ok! I am usually against chains and this place has one thing pat down to the T when it comes to chains...amazing quality. First off this is no Red Lobster!! Don 't come in here with your loud children, (dont ruin it for the rest of us, unless they are well behaved) this is the mommy and daddy go out on a date kind of place. Leave the children to granpa, grandma, the neighbor, because this is spectacular food for adults!! At adults prices, mind you. Yes!! We all know quality comes with a tag!! But this tag is worth every savory second. Oooo it is... I felt like I was on a ship and the seafood was being pried from the high seas to be delicately cooked for just my little old seld. In few words it is FRESH FRESH FRESH. Lets put this way, you want oysters from Japan... you got it my friend...they did not come frozen, then were flown here from japan...OVERNIGHT!! Ok maybe a little ice was needed, but you get my drift. But don't you feel special? Just like a movie star...ok...lets snap out of it.. Oh wait I can't I cannot get their fabulous food out my mind. Gosh all mighty, the food is what makes this place heaven, if you like seafood THIS IS your place, and even if you don't, I bet they can turn you to somethind delishhhhcious. Everything is cooked so simply and deliciously. I admire the ones that have the bravery to let the true fruit of nature shine by just focusing on complimentary flavors that will bring out the high points, instead of eating a chunk of cheap cheese that hide the little tiny side of salmon that hides beneath. Simple is a true gift...well mastered in this kitchen! So, ok, the food is awesome. Whoever said the prices are high, yeah duh...again....imagine you, your date high sea, chef by the side. Cheaper here than an actual cruise I might add. In fact the inside of the Oceanaire is a kinda classy replica of an old school sexy cruise ship dining room. Except no personal inflatable life saving devices here. Service...impeccable!...I have no words. They know their wine and they know their seafood. Dessert, classical cheesecake factory sorta deal, I am not a dessert person so I can do without... in fact if I must focus on seafood calories so seriously who needs dessert. If you must, at this location skip it, go to Haas and Daas, right across the street.

No comments: