Friday, September 07, 2012

Waterstone Bar and Grill

311 W Madison St Baltimore, MD 21201 (410) 225-7475 So, this used to be my neighborhood watering hole after my workouts with my best friend, he used to get the sirlon tips, I would get something else. I live literally two blocks from here, so yes I have tried pretty much everything. Lets start with the ambiance...lovely remodeled, dimmed in the main dining area, for those love birds in all of us. The front house sports a nice size bar with multiple televisions, so if you want to see lets say the Superbowl half game show here...come on over..order some wings. The cocktails are nice and strong and I have yet to witness a bartender looking up a recipe, which I would not have a problem with as long as my drink was concocted correctly. Someone in the reviews said that because of the proximity to the hospital they experienced several interruptions...I have been here plenty of times and I have never heard an ambulance. ( I should mention that I do frequent this place after 7pm) Next service: reviewers on here say they were not happy with the service. The people working here are quite lovely. In Fact one of the servers once aware of my partner's wheat intollerance she went far and beyond her call of duty to make sure we would be aware of even wheat hiding in sauces. Now that's what I call great service. If you have an issue bring it up and they will fix it. The owner is usually there in the evening and she will take care of any issues if they can't. I would love to mention that the last waitress was so extremely attentive with my partner's food regarding her allergies to wheat, that she made several inquiries with the kitchen to make sure her food was perfect. (that was very sweet.) The tapas are very yummy, with a lovely Greek fair. Nice dolmadas, large chunks of feta cheese and lovely pita. The salads are always nice and crispy, you know you are in heaven when you bite into a nice crispy leaf of lettuce. No sitting out salads here. Next main entrees...Every entree I have had ,has been flavourful, this old foodie likes the steaks ( I like protein I may add) as well as the salmon which are big winners in my dictionary. Last but not least desserts, this place does not make their own desserts., just being honest here. You would be a fool to think that they do. Noneless my partner in crime aka workout buddy is a total dessert addict and he loves their selection. The one qualm I have is, the trick to having your food perfectly served....ask your waiter/waitress to bring it out very hot, otherwise mark my word...you will get cold food (dont know why, but you will). I shall return to the Waterstone and ask for my food hot! Check their schedule for live entertaiment.

No comments: