Thursday, August 12, 2010

Il piccolo angolo

621 Hudson St
New York, NY 10014
(212) 229-9177

If you want to have the best Italian meal outside of Italy and not in my mamma's kitchen, then a visit to il piccolo Angolo (little corner) is a must.
After travelling to NYC many many times and trying all sort of Italian restaurants in the city, including in little Italy and Arthur Ave, I felt short of finding that special gem that would bring me miles away and back home.
I was thankfully introduced to Il piccolo angolo by my cousin who had found this place thru client meetings and friends. Upon my first visit she insisted we dined here, so I could tell her if this place was truly authentic or she was just dream it. I tell you this, I lived 12 years in Italy and my mamma, who is an esemplary chef, only cooks authentic Italian food, this place is just like my mamma's cooking.
I was floored!! Happy yet nostalgic for my mamma's food (my parents have now moved thousand of miles away). Everything is made in the premises, including pastas and tomatoe sauces. I usually order the Lobster Canneloni with the Vodka sauce, DIVINE! From other people's experiences, other dishes are equally phenomenal. In fact each and every one of the people I have brought here has come back again and again, with me or by themsevels bringing in a new era of followers.
Since the place (10-15 tables max) is small and demand is high I recommend calling a few days before your visit to make reservations. I assure you, you will be extremely satisfied with the attentic/friendly service as it is as impeccable as the food. You will soon fall in love with the cozyness and the beauty of true Italian flavors that will keep you coming back for years to come. I for one have made this my permanent pit stop while in the city.
Renato the owner is truly an amazing chef/business owner!!...and of course host!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lobster Canneloni sounds incredible. I'm definitely going to try this place next time I'm in NY. Thanks for the recommendation!