Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pizza Johns

113 Back River Neck Rd
Essex, MD 21221

(410) 687-7733

Pizza Johns, even if located in a the hood, has become my favorite pizza place here in the Baltimore area. In fact I travel 15 minutes in and 15 minutes back just to get me some good pizza. This place is one of the most authentic places around the area. None of the yucky too thick crust stuff, and none of over done toppings that leak oil from side. They even offer a do it yourself package, where you buy the crust and some of the toppings for you to make at home.
I have tried such package and it taste just like the one in the store.
It doesnt matter when you go, the pizza is always perfect.
as my "invisible" readers know, I am picky when it comes to pizza. Growing up in Italy, definitive trained my palate to the original stuff.
I have not had Pizza hut in years, I am not that desperate...even though I must say if I am in the mood I might eat it.
Unfortunately, this is the only location, I wish there was one by me.
The restaurant per se its very nice, family style ambiance, well lit, very clean.
The service is friendly and on top of things.
A good selection of Italian wines is available for purchase to acompany your pizza.
Overall rating= 10.
This is the place to take your family for a low key evening.

No comments: